December 21, 2012 § 5 Comments
Today the world will end. So in honor of this, our last day on Earth, I offer a final top 10 list.
If I could only …
10. Read one last book: I’d read To the Lighthouse by Virgina Woolf.
9. Watch one last movie: I’d watch Malick’s beautiful, epic, heartbreaking The New World.
8. Eat one last meal: I’d eat surf and turf, obviously.
7. Visit one last place: I’d be on a boat in the middle of the lake where I spent all those precious childhood summers.
6. Savor one last poem: It would be “Renascence” by Edna St. Vincent Millay … All I could see from where I stood / was three long mountains and a wood …
5. Experience one last rush: I’d ride my horse as fast as I could through that open field of new green wheat. The wind in my hair, strong muscles moving beneath me … thinking I’m in control, but knowing I could lose it in an instant. « Read the rest of this entry »